. T e a c h i n g .
- 2016-2017 Art teacher, community artist volunteer, VA Hospitals, Menlo Park & Palo Alto, CA
- 2010 - 2012 Hype Co - Founder and instructor sponsored by Santa Clara County Social Services, the California Connected by 25 Initiative and Santa Clara County’s Career Development Unit, MACLA Art Center, San Jose, CA
- 2004-2008 Assistant Director, Community Art Outreach Program, Children’s Shelter and Santa Clara County Family Resource Centers, San Jose, CA
- 2004 De Young Museum/Legion of Honor, Demonstration and Exhibition, Educaton Department of the Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco
- 1998-2008 Artist-in-Residence / Art Instructor, Childrens Shelter, San Jose, CA
- 1997-2012 Art instructor, ArtConnect, Silicon Valley Arts Council .
- 1990-present Artist Lecturer or Panelist, University of San Francisco, San Francisco State University, Mission College, University of California at Santa Cruz, University of California at Berkeley, Seattle Central Community College. California College of Arts & Crafts.
- 1990-1998 Art Instructor, Numerous institutions including Triton Museum, San Mateo County Arts Council, Palo Alto Cultural Center, Community School of Music and Art.
- 1987-1990 Assistant to Foundry Master, Fine Arts in Metal, San Jose, CA.
- 1986-1987 Apprentice, Fonderia Artistica Versiliese Studio, Pietrasanta, Italy.
Ceramic Quilt Tile ( Collaborative)
Students Ages 13 - 15
Artist in Residence: Lori Kay
The Silicon Valley Children's Fund ( SVCF) Kid's First Art Education Program opens the door to self - expression and learning for under served youth, who are disconnected from the educational process. The Art Education program has provided more than twenty four thousand vulnerable children from Santa Clara County with the opportunity to develop fine art skills in the visual and performing arts since 1995. The SVCF Reflections exhibit at the Children's Discovery Museum of San Jose is made possible through a grant from the National Endowment for the Arts (NEA), the Lucile Packard Foundation and The Sharks Foundation.
Panelist Participation includes :|
Hapa Identity and the Creative Arts, Asian Society, Chinese Cultural Center, San Francisco, CA
Racial Identity, University of San Francisco
Women in Sculpture, San Jose City College
Women Bronze Casters, Panelist, Women's Caucus for the Arts Conference, Seattle, WA
Hapa Issues Forum & 8 th Asian Pacific Islander Conference, U.C. Berkeley
Issues Concerning Equity, National Women's Caucus for the Arts, California College of Arts and Crafts.
- 2007-2010 Advisory Board Member, Asian American Women Artist
- 2006-present Executive Director and Founder of Lupin Lodge Cultural Center, Los Gatos, CA
- 2004 - 2008 Assistant Director - Community Outreach Program, Children's Shelter and Santa Clara County Resource Center.